If there is no connection at all to the CCDs, see the page on State No Connection.
CCD49 viewer is not live
- Go to the "System Processes" dialog. Stop and start the CCD39 Controller and Slope Computer Ctrl system processes.
- Verify there are no old viewer processes running by doing "ps -aef | grep ccd39" and look for "ccd_viewer.py -i hoccd ccd39". kill -9 the processes.
- If this doesn't fix it, see "CCD39 & Firewall" below
CCD47 viewer displays slopes and/or is not live
Binning cannot be changed unless the power to the CCD47 tray is cycled.
- Use http://lbti-web/power/ to cycle the CCD47 tray power, then rebin.
- Verify there are no old viewer processes running by doing "ps -aef | grep ccd47" and look for "ccd_viewer.py -i tvccd ccd47". kill -9 the processes.
- If this doesn't fix it, see "Firewall" below
CCD39 BCU & Firewall
If the CCD39 viewer isn't live and the above procedures didn't fix it, next check communication from the BCU to the WFS computer. Go to System Processes->BCU Interface log. If you see errors like:
BcuCommandHandler::handleBcuReply: REQUEST COMPLETE but FAILED :-(
Client timed-out: impossible to attach to shared memory!
BcuCommandHandler::handleBcuRequest: REQUEST FAILED
This is an issue with the WFS computer firewall. BCU39 checks for the presence of a firewall on the WFS computer and will not send data if a firewall is enabled. To disable the WFS computer firewall run:
>> sudo /sbin/service iptables stop
Also add this line to /etc/rc.local so that it is executed on startup.
You may need to w_stop / w_start for this to take
Error: Timeout waiting for JoeCtrl01.XBIN.Cur
The CCD is missing the file which tells it the readout pattern, the "pattern file." This file must be copied from a working installation under the $ADOPT_ROOT/conf directory.
Error: Timeout waiting for JoeCtrl01.ENABLE.CUR
Check the controller and slope computer status under the System Processes screen. They're probably down. Restart them.
Error: Timeout waiting for SlopeComp00.PIXELLUT.CUR
This means there is an issue with the current lookup table. The LUT is the mask designating which pixels to read for the slope calculation.
- ls -lh $ADOPT_ROOT/calib/wfs/current/ccd##/LUTs. The "current" link should point to a directory in the desired bin.
- If it points to nothing, try to remove the current link and rebin.
- If it points to a pupil fits or txt file, this may be the cause. An "ls bin#" should only show subdirectories. There shouldn't be any pupil fits or txt files at that level. Make a backup of the bin# directory and then remove the pupil fits and txt files.
Error: slopecompctrl.R.STATUS - code: -5001 TIMEOUT_ERROR
Power cycle the CCD39 tray through lbti-web/power.
Gradient seen across detector
This is probably caused either by thermal issues (too warm or too cold) or will go away as readout electronics stabilize after turning on.
Note that there are two temperature sensors listed for CCD39, but the first has a floor at 19C!
Solution: Take a background frame. Check periodically to make sure background hasn't changed.